Thursday, April 1, 2010

Back To School?

Recently I have taken the step back from the big picture of life and wondered if there were pieces that I was missing or gaps that I could fill in for myself. The funny thing is the biggest gap would be me going to school.

This day and age it is sort of mandatory that you go to school after you actually graduate high school. If you don't, you might as well get ready to have a hard life. Coming out of high school and getting a job that pays well is not a reality. I will be the first person to tell you that right now. I was lucky enough to get a great job where I am right now, but that didn't come easy as it cost me quite a bit in the past.

Life is what we make it and at the end of the day when we all come home to either ourselves or to your loved one. The future that we have made for us is just what we have formed and not something that was just put in place by some higher power.

I feel that we all are put on this earth to do things and that all of us have something to offer. Most of us will never know what that is right off the bat and sometimes it will take trial and error till we realize what we are suppose to be doing for life.

The one thing that I always felt I would be doing for life is really something to do with hockey. It is hard for me to explain how much I love that sport and how watching it either live or on TV just makes the world slow down for me and everything is good for that 60 minutes. I'd love to have that for the rest of my life and every single day as well. I also would love for that to be part of my family as well and that my own kids get to experience something just as great.

That is why the title of this is, Back To School?

It's because I am ready to fill that big gap in my life and go back to school. I want to be successful and be able to provide for my family. It's not that I don't have confidence in myself right now, because I do with no doubts, but it's the simple fact that education is something that nobody can take away from you. I would like to have something that nobody can take away from me. Right now I have a great job and I do it well and I love the people who I work with, but you know what? All of that can be taken away from me in a split second if they decided to cut my department or if they just felt I wasn't needed at all.

All of those things can change in that split second and the sad thing is that I have known what that feels like a few times now.

I've been through so much in my life and I know that school is not hard. If anything, I know that it is easy. You just have to be willing to put in the work and time to make the grades.

Finally, I am ready to do that after 5 years of being out of school. I am ready to go back and make the commitment to better myself for my future and the future of my family as well.

Hopefully this will inspire some of you who read this to maybe look into your own life and maybe see some stuff that you can change, gaps to fill, or just things to make better and I wish all of you luck to those who will make changes.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Look into broadcast journalism, or journalism period. It's probably the best way to deal with hockey and get paid for it without playing. Plus - great broadcasters make tons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh btw, thanks for commenting on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete